Sunday, June 12, 2011

Basa fish

And speaking of protein on my table, a couple of weeks ago I bought some fish at the grocery store- a type of fish I had never eaten before but the clerk at the market said it was a very mild tasting fish and it was on sale, too.  We had our basa fish that evening and it was mild tasting, boneless, and good.  I really wanted to know how many points it counted for (we were on Weight Watchers) and so I decided to check it out on the computer.  I was kind of surprised when I clicked on a video report made for French TV and it stated that the basa is raised in the most polluted river on the planet, the Mekong.  It showed the female fish being injected with urine containing HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).   Yikes!  Australian TV did a newscast on the basa too called Murky Mekong Fish .  I have not bought basa since and do not intend to until I know that it is safe!

1 comment:

  1. That is thoroughly disgusting! Thank you for the information..keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete